Sunday, January 20, 2008

January 20, 2008
Yesterday was what past ISPers call the “hell” day. I didn’t think it was that bad. I did get dizzy at lunch and had to sit down or I would have fallen. We took a tour of Greystones, the city we are living in, yesterday. We found out that there are more dogs than people in Greystones and more Vets than Doctors in Greystones. Then my roommate and I decided to check out the room we were assigned. Sure enough we were the lucky ones to get the Anne Frank room or as someone once wrongly named it the Helen Keller room. It’s called that because the view from the window is nothing but this side of another building. The other rooms have views of Sugar Loaf Mountain and the other of the Irish harbor. But because we live in the Anne Frank room Vance Maloney will take my roommate, Courtney, and I out to a fancy dinner in April.

Now it’s Sunday morning. Courtney and I got up at 7:30am to watch the sunrise over the Irish Sea. After that Courtney left me there to go running. I did my quiet times there while the waves were literally crashing against the rocks. It was amazing. I had a dog bark at me for a long time, so after awhile I started barking back and he stopped. Lol. The birds played me a beautiful sound too. In fact there were a group of birds that fly over my head and they kept making noises and one of them sounded like it kept saying “hey, hey”. It made me smile. The temperature isn’t that cold here like I thought it would be. The only thing is it rains a lot, so the longer you’re outside the colder it gets because you start to get wet and the wind then takes advantage of it leaving you cold.

January 18, 2008
I’m sitting in the airport with Flat Stanley at gate K11 waiting for my plane to take me away to Dublin, Ireland. I finished saying my goodbyes and things unspoken. My new friend Whitney Cerak said that if I was boy that she’d hit on me (it made me laugh)….Now Katie, Bridget, and I are sitting here talking about Katie’s recent trip to Thailand. I read them a passage that Jane gave me before I left. Psalm 91

Now I’m on the plane sipping coke and tomato juice and nibbling on a lemon… I know what you’re thinking…”how can she eat all those things all at the same time…gross”. Yeah, well I’m enjoying it J. Flat Stanley is sleeping in my coat in the compartment above my head. I need to be sleeping but my ears are going crazy making it difficult to do so. I pray for some super natural strength tomorrow cuz I’m gonna need it! The flight is going to be 6 and a half hours long, which is shorter than I thought. They are handing out our dinner now so after I eat I’m going to try to get some zzzzs. By the way, I have many people are praying for me back home for a certain issue I was worried about. Well, I have really good news. God is answering your prayers!! I’m not that anxious or nervous at all. God has given me peace!! I love Him!!

No comments: