Wednesday, June 20, 2007

So, I just finished my first week of work and I'm already well on my way for the next. I'm already thinking about the end of this amazing summer and how I can't yet bear to imagine myself leaving this place. I do miss my friends back home dearly, but I wish there were some way they can be transported here with me in Pittsburgh! The atmosphere is so amazing. We work together, sleep in the same room/building together, eat together, and hang out together. I'm building good relationships. I do miss the openness I share with my friends back home though because the people here are a little more closed. I start to share things of the heart and they get uneasy but after awhile they start to open up themselves or at least listen better, just because I decided to be transparent.

Just last night I had a conversation with a non-Christian staff member. I was dealing with some issues and other staff members tried to cheer me up but I just felt condemned. Afterwards I talked with the non-Christian and I had a breakthrough. My mentor, Pastor Clinton, has been talking about Evangelicalism in our Bible Study back home for awhile now and I don't think I totally understood until last night. I am still processing it all but I know now that I am tired of this fake Christianeeze. I want to be real with myself and the world. People can judge me if they want but in the end it's not them who really judge me, but God.

No comments: