Sunday, June 3, 2007

Today was our first day off and a couple of us went to The Three Rivers Arts Festival downtown Pittsburgh. I had a caricature done of my face. It's pretty cool, I'll put a picture up here when I get a chance. It's so humid in Pittsburgh that my hair is actually curly. So my caricature has curly hair. The Pittsburgh Project doesn't serve meals on the weekend so we are on our own for meals. While we were out we stopped into McDonald's for a bite to eat and they had SWEET ICED TEA in a ginormous (catch the Elf-ism there?) cup for only a $1. It made my day, I wish Indiana had that!

Anyways, I'm meeting with the summer pastoral staff member on Monday to pray that I can move past looking to others for love and affection and move toward trusting God's love and affection for me. I was reading My Utmost for His Highest this morning in my devotions and it was talking about obsessions. We as Christians should be obsessed with God's presence in our lives and if we are obsessed with God's presence in our lives than we won't have to be worried, scared, insecure, or doubtful anymore. That is my goal this summer. To move towards a God obsession. Not a religion obsession or a Christian obsession but a God obsession!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

manders, i loved the pic of malachi. i made me laugh. stll cleaning . in btwn i am caring for malachi, cooking , laudry shopping and being weigh. the gay guy rob was there. he is so funny. going to the zoo thursday dnd the movie pirates friday maybe. love jane